BAREC is a Belgian association born from an initiative of Belgian Ethics Committees involved in medical, health-related research.
BAREC defines its main objectives as follows:
- to support and assist Belgian Ethics Committees involved in health care, in particular Ethics Committees involved in the evaluation of health-related research involving human subjects, material or data. In this way, the association aims to improve the protection of human subjects in all aspects of above mentioned health-related research;
- to provide the Ethics Committees with information and training in order to support and facilitate their work, enhance the quality of their review and develop a common basis for coherent evaluation of research;
- to stimulate debates on relevant topics and mutual exchanges of knowledge and expertise between Ethics Committees; to develop common actions in order to realize the objectives of the association;
- to promote dialogue and cooperation with any other partner or organization that might contribute to improve the quality of research and the protection of the research participant;
- to represent the above mentioned Ethics Committees on various platforms and to give them a voice among the various stakeholders involved in research;
- to promote and protect the role of Ethics Committees in research, in particular in the protection of the research participant.
The Statutes of the BAREC : French / Flemish version.
E-mail : webmaster[@]barec.be
Date de création : 29/04/2016